45 Series – Thermally Improved Curtain Wall
Our 45 series 1 3/4″(45) wide thermally improved curtain wall framing system for sealed unit glazing. DESA Curtain Walls are manufactured with a variety of configurations for industrial, commercial and institutional use. Whatever the end use, we engineer our curtain walls for optimum performance, durability, functionality and required aesthetic value.
- Extrusions shall be 6063 T6 alloy and temper
- Fasteners shall be made corrosion-resistant
- Glazing gaskets shall be extruded black santoprene
- Insulated back pans in column or spandrel areas shall be galvanized steel of 20 gauge thickness (or as specified to suit application) and have sealed corners
- Offers vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets achieving full rain screen capabilities
- Connection between the back-up panels and framing shall be caulked with grade butyl sealant
- Framing system offers pressure equalized rain screen capabilities with the dry/dry glazing gasket method and vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets
- Framing system allows for exterior and interior colour combinations
- Accommodates for both sealed unit and spandrel glazing
- Compatible with all DESA entrance door packages
- Framing system to fully comply with CAN/CSA-A440
- Air infiltration shall meet the FIXED rating
- Water infiltration shall meet the required rating
- Intermediate mullions and horizontals shall be designed to withstand loading in accordance with the National Building Code of Canada and/or the Alberta Building Code
- 1 3/4″(45) wide thermally improved curtain wall framing system for sealed unit glazing
- Back pan Insulation shall be AF530 (48kg/m (3 lb.) density) fibreglass 51mm (2″) thick (or as specified to suit application)
- Range of mullion depths available: 1-15/16″(50), 2-15/16″(75), 3-15/16″(100) or 5-1/4″ (133) for optimum structural requirements combined with a 3/4″ (20) exterior snap cap to suit the required design parameters
Projects Used In
Download Product Catalogs
Have comments or questions?
We are eager to answer your questions regarding quotes, production timelines, capacities, and policies.