45 HP Series – Thermally Improved High Performing Curtain Wall
The DESA 45HP series 1 3/4″(45) wide thermally improved curtain wall framing system is an exterior glazed, stick built, multi floor, pressure equalized rain screen system. This system allows for improved u-values of up to 21%, a distinct increase in interior surface warmth and a greater resistance to condensation.
- Extrusions shall be 6063 T6 alloy and temper
- Fasteners shall be made corrosion-resistant
- Glazing gaskets shall be extruded black santoprene
- Insulated back pans in column or spandrel areas shall be galvanized steel of 20 gauge thickness (or as specified to suit application) and have sealed corners
- Offers vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets achieving full rain screen capabilities
- Connection between the back-up panels and framing shall be caulked with grade butyl sealant
- Used for various applications, such as storefronts and entrance framing, or high performance punched windows and horizontal strip windows
- Framing system offers pressure equalized rain screen capabilities with the dry/dry glazing gasket method and vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets
- Framing system allows for exterior and interior colour combinations
- Compatible with all DESA entrance door packages
- System accommodates for both sealed unit and spandrel glazing
- Framing system to fully comply with CAN/CSA-A440
- Air infiltration shall meet the FIXED rating
- Water infiltration shall meet the required rating
- Intermediate mullions and horizontals shall be designed to withstand loading in accordance with the National Building Code of Canada and/or the Alberta Building Code
- Offers a narrow 1 3/4″ (45) sight line
- Back pan insulation shall be AF530 (48kg/m (3 lb.) density) fibreglass 51mm (2″) thick (or as specified to suit application)
- Range of mullion depths available: 1-15/16″ (50), 2-15/16″ (75), 3-15/16″ (100) or 5-1/4″ (133) for optimum structural requirements combined with a 3/4″ (20) exterior snap cap to suit the required design parameters
Have comments or questions?
We are eager to answer your questions regarding quotes, production timelines, capacities, and policies.