45 HP Series – Thermally Improved High Performing Curtain Wall
The DESA 45HP series 1 3/4″(45) wide thermally improved curtain wall framing system is an exterior glazed, stick built, multi floor, pressure equalized rain screen system. This system allows for improved u-values of up to 21%, a distinct increase in interior surface warmth and a greater resistance to condensation.
- Extrusions shall be 6063 T6 alloy and temper
- Fasteners shall be made corrosion-resistant
- Glazing gaskets shall be extruded black santoprene
- Insulated back pans in column or spandrel areas shall be galvanized steel of 20 gauge thickness (or as specified to suit application) and have sealed corners
- Offers vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets achieving full rain screen capabilities
- Connection between the back-up panels and framing shall be caulked with grade butyl sealant
- Used for various applications, such as storefronts and entrance framing, or high performance punched windows and horizontal strip windows
- Framing system offers pressure equalized rain screen capabilities with the dry/dry glazing gasket method and vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets
- Framing system allows for exterior and interior colour combinations
- Compatible with all DESA entrance door packages
- System accommodates for both sealed unit and spandrel glazing
- Framing system to fully comply with CAN/CSA-A440
- Air infiltration shall meet the FIXED rating
- Water infiltration shall meet the required rating
- Intermediate mullions and horizontals shall be designed to withstand loading in accordance with the National Building Code of Canada and/or the Alberta Building Code
- Offers a narrow 1 3/4″ (45) sight line
- Back pan insulation shall be AF530 (48kg/m (3 lb.) density) fibreglass 51mm (2″) thick (or as specified to suit application)
- Range of mullion depths available: 1-15/16″ (50), 2-15/16″ (75), 3-15/16″ (100) or 5-1/4″ (133) for optimum structural requirements combined with a 3/4″ (20) exterior snap cap to suit the required design parameters
Projects Used In
Download Product Catalogs
Have comments or questions?
We are eager to answer your questions regarding quotes, production timelines, capacities, and policies.