2500 Series – Curtain Wall
Our 2500 series is a 2 1/2″ (64) wide thermally improved curtain wall framing system that can be used for various applications. DESA Curtain Walls are manufactured with a variety of configurations for industrial, commercial and institutional use. Whatever the end use, we engineer our curtain walls for optimum performance, durability, functionality and required aesthetic value.
- Extrusions shall be 6063 T6 alloy and temper
- Fasteners shall be made corrosion-resistant
- Glazing gaskets shall be extruded black santoprene
- Insulated back pans in column or spandrel areas shall be galvanized steel of 20 gauge thickness (or as specified to suit application) and have sealed corners
- Securing of insulation into back-up panel shall be by impaling insulation onto welded pins with retaining discs
- Any connections between the back-up panels and framing shall be caulked with high grade butyl sealant
- Offer vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets achieving full rain screen capabilities
- Framing system offers pressure equalized rain screen capabilities with the dry/dry glazing gasket method and vented horizontal mullion glazing pockets
- Framing system allows for exterior and interior colour combinations
- Compatible with all DESA entrance door packages
- System accommodates for both sealed unit and spandrel glazing
- Framing system to fully comply with CAN/CSA-A440
- Air infiltration shall meet the FIXED rating
- Water infiltration shall meet the required rating
- Intermediate mullions and horizontals shall be designed to withstand loading in accordance with the National Building Code of Canada and/or the Alberta Building Code
- 2500 series 2 1/2″ (64) wide thermally improved curtain wall framing for sealed unit glazing
- Offers a 2 1/2″ (64) sight line
- Back pan insulation shall be AF530 (48kg/m (3 lb.) density) fibreglass 51mm (2″) thick (or as specified to suit application)
- Range of mullion depths available: 2 7/8″ (73), 3 5/8″ (92) or 5 1/4″ (133) for optimum structural requirements combined with a 3/4″ (19) exterior snap cap to suit the required design parameters
Have comments or questions?
We are eager to answer your questions regarding quotes, production timelines, capacities, and policies.